Special Meeting of the Board of Directors of the
Valley Clean Energy Alliance (VCEA)
November 15, 2018 at 5:30 p.m.
Yolo County Board of Supervisors Chambers
625 Court Street, Room 206, Woodland, CA 95695
Meetings are accessible to people with disabilities. Individuals who need special assistance or a disability-related modification or accommodation to participate in this meeting, or who have a disability and wish to request an alternative format for the meeting materials, should contact Alisa Lembke, VCEA Board Clerk/Administrative Analyst, at least two (2) working days before the meeting at (530) 446-2754 or Alisa.Lembke@valleycleanenergy.org.
If you have anything that you wish to be distributed to the Board and included in the official record, please hand it to a member of VCEA staff who will distribute the information to the Board members and other staff
Please note that the numerical order of items is for convenience of reference. Items may be taken out of order on the request of any Board member with the concurrence of the Board. Staff recommendations are advisory to the Board. The Board may take any action it deems appropriate on any item on the agenda even if it varies from the staff recommendation.
Board Members: Lucas Frerichs (Chair/City of Davis), Tom Stallard (Vice Chair/City of Woodland),
Angel Barajas (City of Woodland), Duane Chamberlain (Yolo County), Don Saylor (Yolo County), and
Dan Carson (City of Davis)
5:30 p.m. Call to Order
1. Welcome and Roll Call
2. Approval of Agenda
3. Public Comment
This item is reserved for persons wishing to address the Board on any VCEA-related matters that are not otherwise on this meeting agenda. Public comments on matters listed on the agenda shall be heard at the time the matter is called. As with all public comment, members of the public who wish to address the Board are customarily limited to two minutes per speaker, but an extension can be provided at the discretion of the Chair.
4. Approval of Draft October 18, 2018 Special Meeting Minutes
5. Receive Long Range Calendars
6. Receive Financial Update – September 30, 2018 (unaudited) financial statements (with comparative information from prior periods) and Actual vs. Budget for the quarter ending September 30, 2018
7. Receive November 7, 2018 Regulatory Update provided by Keyes & Fox
8. Receive Customer Enrollment Update as of November 7, 2018
9. Receive Community Advisory Committee’s (CAC) October 29, 2018 Meeting Summary; comments on November 1, 2018 Special Board meeting / Power Charge Indifference Adjustment workshop; and, First Year Progress Report
10. Approve revised Community Advisory Committee “Charge”
11. Approve Solicitation and Appointment process to the Community Advisory Committee and confirm appointments of current CAC Members to terms of service
12. Approve Marketing and Outreach Vendor and Authorize Interim General Manager to negotiate and enter into a contract
13. Presentation on collective Grant Application to SACOG for Regional, Community Design, and Green Region funding programs (Informational)
14. Approve modifications to Valley Clean Energy’s rate structure, rate discount, and postponement of Net Energy Metering Customer enrollment for 2019 to address financial impacts related to the California Public Utilities Commission’s October 11, 2018 Power Charge Indifference Adjustment (PCIA) decision and other power cost related factors
15. Board Member and Staff Announcements
Action items and reports from members of the Board, including announcements, AB1234 reporting of meetings attended by Board Members at VCEA expense, questions to be referred to staff, future agenda items, and reports on meetings and information which would be of interest to the Board or the public.
The next VCEA Board meeting: Thursday, December 13, 2018 at 5:30 p.m. at the City of Davis Community Chambers, 23 Russell Blvd., Davis, CA 95616.
16. Adjournment (Approximately 7:00pm)
Public records that relate to any item on the open session agenda for a regular board meeting are available for public inspection. Those records that are distributed less than 72 hours prior to the meeting are available for public inspection at the same time they are distributed to all members, or a majority of the members of the Board. VCEA public records are available for inspection by contacting Board Clerk Alisa Lembke at (530) 446-2750 or Alisa.Lembke@ValleyCleanEnergy.org. Agendas and Board meeting materials can be inspected at VCEA’s offices located at 604 Second Street, Davis, California 95616; those interested in inspecting these materials are asked to call (530) 446-2750 to make arrangements. The documents are also available on the Valley Clean Energy website located at: https://valleycleanenergy.org/about-us/meetings/
Item 9 – Receive Community Advisory Committee’s (CAC) October 29, 2018 Meeting Summary; comments on November 1, 2018 Special Board meeting / Power Charge Indifference Adjustment workshop; and, First Year Progress Report
Item 14 – Approve modifications to Valley Clean Energy’s rate structure, rate discount, and postponement of Net Energy Metering Customer enrollment for 2019 to address financial impacts related to the California Public Utilities Commission’s October 11, 2018 Power Charge Indifference Adjustment (PCIA) decision and other power cost related factors