Valley Clean Energy gives you the power to choose. In addition to providing an alternative to PG&E, we’re also offering two different energy product options, each with a different level of clean energy.
If your home or business is within our service area, you will be automatically enrolled in our standard service which offers cleaner energy than PG&E. For customers who want to do even more to help the environment, you can upgrade your power with our 100% renewable energy, UltraGreen.
In April 2018, new VCE customers received the first of four notices informing them of their options with Valley Clean Energy:
You also have the choice to opt out and return to PG&E “bundled service”.
Learn more about these offerings to determine the best product for you.
- Competitive rates (2018 target rate is 2.5% below PG&E’s for generation costs)
- Cleaner energy than PG&E (2018 target is 42% renewable)
- All customers automatically enrolled beginning June 1, 2018
- 100% renewable energy
- Customers can choose for slightly higher rate
- Greatest reduction in greenhouse gas emissions
- $.015/kWh premium from VCE base rates
What Stays the Same and What Changes
|New||Stays the Same|
|Call PG&E to start or stop service and report outages||X|
|Receive one bill each month||X|
|Low income (CARE) discounts and Medical Baseline||X|
|Net Metering (for solar customers)||+ new benefits||X|
|Choice of energy providers||X|
|Higher renewable content||X|
|Lower greenhouse gas emissions||X|