Valley Clean Energy Alliance (VCEA)
Community Advisory Committee (CAC) Meeting
Thursday, January 24, 2019 at 5:30 p.m.
City of Woodland Council Chambers, 300 1st Street, Woodland, CA 95695
Meetings are accessible to people with disabilities. Individuals who need special assistance or a disability-related modification or accommodation to participate in this meeting, or who have a disability and wish to request an alternative format for the meeting materials, should contact Alisa Lembke, VCEA Board Clerk/Administrative Analyst, at least two (2) working days before the meeting at (530) 446-2754 or Alisa.Lembke@valleycleanenergy.org.
If you have anything that you wish to be distributed to the Committee and included in the official record, please hand it to a member of VCEA staff who will distribute the information to the Board members and other staff.
Committee Members: Gerry Braun (Chair), Christine Shewmaker (Vice-Chair), Marsha Baird (Secretary), Mark Aulman, Yvonne Hunter, Lorenzo Kristov, David Springer, and Christine Casey
5:30 PM CALL TO ORDER
1. Welcome, Roll Call and introduction of new CAC member
2. Approval of Agenda and brief review of meeting protocol
3. Public Comment – This item is reserved for persons wishing to address the Advisory Committee on any VCEA-related matters that are not otherwise on this meeting agenda. Public comments on matters listed on the agenda shall be heard at the time the matter is called. As with all public comment, members of the public who wish to address the Committee are customarily limited to two minutes per speaker, but an extension can be provided at the discretion of the Chair.
4. Brief VCEA Staff and Advisory Task Group Reports – Representatives of VCEA staff and active Task Groups will provide updates on on-going staff and task group work. Task Group recommendations requiring Committee attention require a regular agenda item. Summaries of written reports received by the Committee in advance of the meeting will receive a time allocation of up to ten minutes. Otherwise, the time allocation will be five minutes, including questions and answers. The Committee may decide to allocate additional time at the end of the regular agenda.
5. Approval of draft December 3, 2018 Committee Meeting Minutes
6. Receive Customer Enrollment Update
7. Informational presentation: Carl Linvill (Regulatory Assistant Project): 1) offer of assistance to Valley Clean Energy through the Regulatory Assistance Project (RAP) and 2) invitation for Valley Clean Energy to participate in the March 2019 Davis Interfaith Climate Conference. (15 minutes)
8. Administrative: setting regular meeting dates for 2019.
9. Informational: Preliminary discussion and timeline of studying annual dividend rebate structure (“New Rate Structure / Rebate Program”) for 2020 Fiscal Year End.
10. Development of Community Advisory Committee Work Plan 2019: (60 minutes)
A. Review and provide status of Board and Community Advisory Committee 2019 Long Range Calendar Agenda Items.
B. Review scope of services and projects of customer outreach and marketing services contractor Green Ideals; receive Outreach Task Group update; and identify projects that the Community Advisory Committee can assist with.
C. Review CalCCA 2019 legislative and regulatory priorities.
D. Review and provide status of priority items highlighted in the Community Advisory Committee Updated Charge.
E. Receive and discuss CAC member recommendations of what projects are to be focused on by the CAC during the first and second half of calendar year 2019.
F. Discuss CAC coordination with staff and 2019 CAC priority topics.
G. Discuss possible next steps toward interactions with other CCA advisory groups.
H. Review, discuss, and modify as needed CAC task group structure; consider creation of new task group(s); and, provide projects to each task group.
11. Advisory Committee Member and Staff Announcements: Action items and reports from members of the Advisory Committee, including announcements, future agenda items, and reports on meetings and information which would be of interest to the Committee or the public.
The next Community Advisory Committee meeting has been scheduled for Monday, February 4, 2019 at 5:30 p.m. at the Yolo County Department of Community Services, Cache Creek Room, 292 W. Beamer St., Woodland, CA 95695.
The next Valley Clean Energy Alliance Board meeting is scheduled for Thursday, February 14, 2019, at 5:30 p.m. at the City of Davis Community Chambers, 23 Russell Blvd., Davis, CA 95616.
12. Adjournment (Approximately 7:30 p.m.): Public records that relate to any item on the open session agenda for a regular board meeting are available for public inspection. Those records that are distributed less than 72 hours prior to the meeting are available for public inspection at the same time they are distributed to all members, or a majority of the members of the Board. VCEA public records are available for inspection by contacting Board Clerk Alisa Lembke at (530) 446-2750 or Alisa.Lembke@ValleyCleanEnergy.org. Agendas and Board meeting materials can be inspected at VCEA’s offices located at 604 2nd Street, Davis, California 95616; those interested in inspecting these materials are asked to call (530) 446-2750 to make arrangements. Documents are also available on the Valley Clean Energy website located at: www.valleycleanenergy.org/meetings.