Valley Clean Energy Alliance (VCEA)
Community Advisory Committee Meeting
Monday, October 29, 2018 at 5:30 p.m.
Yolo County Dept. of Community Services, Cache Creek Room,
292 W. Beamer St., Woodland, CA 95695
Meetings are accessible to people with disabilities. Individuals who need special assistance or a disability-related modification or accommodation to participate in this meeting, or who have a disability and wish to request an alternative format for the meeting materials, should contact Alisa Lembke, VCEA Board Clerk/Administrative Analyst, at least two (2) working days before the meeting at (530) 446-2754 or Alisa.Lembke@valleycleanenergy.org.
If you have anything that you wish to be distributed to the Committee and included in the official record, please hand it to a member of VCEA staff who will distribute the information to the Committee members and other staff.
Committee Members: Gerry Braun (Chair), Christine Shewmaker (Vice-Chair), Marsha Baird (Secretary), Mark Aulman, Yvonne Hunter, Lorenzo Kristov, and David Springer.
5:30 PM CALL TO ORDER
1. Welcome and Roll Call
2. Approval of Agenda
3. Public Comment – This item is reserved for persons wishing to address the Advisory Committee on any VCEA-related matters that are not otherwise on this meeting agenda. Public comments on matters listed on the agenda shall be heard at the time the matter is called. As with all public comment, members of the public who wish to address the Committee are customarily limited to two minutes per speaker, but an extension can be provided at the discretion of the Chair.
4. Brief VCEA Staff and Advisory Task Group Reports – Representatives of VCEA staff and active Task Groups will provide updates on on-going work. Task Group recommendations requiring Committee attention require a regular agenda item. Summaries of written reports received by the Committee in advance of the meeting will receive a time allocation of up to ten minutes. Otherwise, the time allocation will be five minutes, including questions and answers. The Committee may decide to allocate additional time at the end of the regular agenda.
5. Approval of draft October 1, 2018 Committee Meeting Minutes
6. Approve final draft revised Community Advisory Committee Charge (5 minutes)
7. Approve final draft Community Advisory Committee’s First Year Progress Report (15 minutes)
8. Update on Power Charge Indifference Adjustment (PCIA) and passage of SB 237
9. VCEA Staff Report on Quarterly Procurement Update
10. Review and discuss Board and CAC Long Range Calendars and Work Plans (10 minutes)
A. Local Resource Development Update
B. Progress on Integrated Resource Plan (IRP) Action Steps
11. Terms of Service for Current Members (10 minutes)
12. Advisory Committee Member and Staff Announcements: Action items and reports from members of the Advisory Committee, including announcements, future agenda items, and reports on meetings and information which would be of interest to the Committee or the public.
The next Community Advisory Committee meeting is scheduled for Monday, December 3, 2018 at 5:30 p.m. at the Davis Senior Center, 646 A Street, Davis, CA 95616.
Valley Clean Energy has scheduled a Special Board meeting / Power Charge Indifference Adjustment workshop for Thursday, November 1, 2018, at 5:30 p.m. at the Yolo County Board of Supervisors Chambers, 625 Court Street, Room 206, Woodland, CA 95695. The regularly scheduled Board meeting of November 8, 2018 has been cancelled and a Special Board meeting has been scheduled for Thursday, November 15, 2018 at 5:30 p.m. at the Yolo County Board of Supervisors Chambers, 625 Court Street, Room 206, Woodland, CA 95695.
13. Adjournment (Approximately 7:30 p.m.): Public records that relate to any item on the open
session agenda for a regular board meeting are available for public inspection. Those records that are distributed less than 72 hours prior to the meeting are available for public inspection at the same time they are distributed to all members, or a majority of the members of the Board. VCEA public records are available for inspection by contacting Board Clerk Alisa Lembke at (530) 446-2750 or Alisa.Lembke@ValleyCleanEnergy.org. Agendas and Board meeting materials can be inspected at VCEA’s offices located at 604 2nd Street, Davis, California 95616; those interested in inspecting these materials are asked to call (530) 446-2750 to make arrangements. Documents are also available on the Valley Clean Energy website located at: www.valleycleanenergy.org/meetings.