Meeting of the Board of Directors of the
Valley Clean Energy Alliance (VCEA)
March 22, 2018
Woodland City Council Chambers, 300 1st Street, Woodland 95695
Meetings are accessible to people with disabilities. Individuals who need special assistance or a disability-related modification or accommodation to participate in this meeting, or who have a disability and wish to request an alternative format for the meeting materials, should contact Mitch Sears, VCEA Interim General Manager, at least 2 working days before the meeting at (530) 757-5610 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have anything that you wish to be distributed to the Board and included in the official record, please hand it to a member of VCEA staff who will distribute the information to the Board members and other staff.
Angel Barajas (City of Woodland), Duane Chamberlain (Yolo County), Robb Davis (City of Davis), Lucas Frerichs (Chair/City of Davis), Don Saylor (Yolo County), Tom Stallard (Vice Chair/City of Woodland)
5:30 PM CALL TO ORDER
1. Welcome and Roll Call
2. Approval of Agenda
3. Public Comment
This item is reserved for persons wishing to address the Board on any VCEA-related matters that are not otherwise on this meeting agenda. Public comments on matters listed on the agenda shall be heard at the time the matter is called. As with all public comment, members of the public who wish to address the Board are customarily limited to two minutes per speaker, but an extension can be provided at the discretion of the Chair.
4. Approval of Minutes from February 8, 2018 Board Meeting
5. Regulatory and Legislative Update
6. Correct Typographical Error on Delegations for 2018 and 2019 Power Procurement
7. Authorization to Retain Keyes & Fox LLP for Legal and Regulatory Services
8. Long Range Calendar
9. Action. Recommendation to the Board on Adoption of an Enterprise Risk Management Policy for VCE.
10. Action. Recommendation to the Board on adoption of the VCE UltraGreen Policy/Rate for the 100% Renewable Energy Customer Option.
11. Action. Recommendations to the Board on Program Launch related Energy Rates, Power Mix, and Budgets.
A. Adoption of the Final Customer Rate Discount and Rate Table.
B. Adoption of the Final Power Mix to be Offered to Customers.
C. Adoption of the Power Procurement and Operational Budgets.
12. Integrated Resource Plan – Introduction and Schedule (Informational)
13. Community Advisory Committee Report (Informational)
14. General Manager’s Report (Informational)
15. Board Member and Staff Announcements
Action items and reports from members of the Board, including announcements, AB1234 reporting of meetings attended by Board Members at VCEA expense, questions to be referred to staff, future agenda items, and reports on meetings and information which would be of interest to the Board or the public.
16. Adjournment (Approximately 7:30pm)
Public records that relate to any item on the open session agenda for a regular board meeting are available for public inspection. Those records that are distributed less than 72 hours prior to the meeting are available for public inspection at the same time they are distributed to all members, or a majority of the members of the Board. Until VCEA has offices, the Board has designated the Department of Community Development and Sustainability at the City of Davis located at 23 Russell Blvd, Davis, CA for the purpose of making those public records available for inspection. The documents are also available on the Valley Clean Energy website located at: http://valleycleanenergy.com/meetings/
Item 4 – Draft Minutes from February 8, 2018 Board Meeting
Item 5 – Regulatory and Legislative Update
Item 6 – Correct Typographical Error on Delegations for 2018 and 2019 Power Procurement
Item 7 – Authorization to Retain Keyes & Fox LLP for Legal and Regulatory Services
Item 8 – Long Range Calendar
Item 9 – Enterprise Risk Management Policy for VCE
Item 10 – VCE UltraGreen Policy/Rate for the 100% Renewable Energy Customer Option
Item 11 – Energy Rates, Power Mix, and Budgets