Valley Clean Energy Alliance (VCEA)
Community Advisory Committee (CAC) Meeting
Monday, July 30, 2018
at 5:30 P.M.
Davis Senior Center located at 646 “A” Street, Davis, CA 95616
Meetings are accessible to people with disabilities. Individuals who need special assistance or a disability-related modification or accommodation to participate in this meeting, or who have a disability and wish to request an alternative format for the meeting materials, should contact Alisa Lembke, VCEA Board Clerk/Administrative Analyst, at least two (2) working days before the meeting at (530) 446-2754 or Alisa.Lembke@valleycleanenergy.org.
If you have anything that you wish to be distributed to the Committee and included in the official record, please hand it to a member of VCEA staff who will distribute the information to the Committee members and other staff.
Committee Members: Gerry Braun (Chair), Christine Shewmaker (Vice-Chair), Marsha Baird (Secretary), Mark Aulman, Tom Flynn, Yvonne Hunter, Lorenzo Kristov, David Springer
5:30 PM CALL TO ORDER
1. Welcome and Roll Call
2. Approval of Agenda
3. Public Comment – This item is reserved for persons wishing to address the Advisory Committee on any VCEA-related matters that are not otherwise on this meeting agenda. Public comments on matters listed on the agenda shall be heard at the time the matter is called. As with all public comment, members of the public who wish to address the Committee are customarily limited to two minutes per speaker, but an extension can be provided at the discretion of the Chair.
4. Brief VCEA Staff and Advisory Task Group Reports – Representatives of VCEA staff and active Task Groups will provide updates on on-going work. Task Group recommendations requiring Committee attention require a regular agenda item. Summaries of written reports received by the Committee in advance of the meeting will receive a time allocation of up to ten minutes. Otherwise, the time allocation will be five minutes, including questions and answers. The Committee may decide to allocate additional time at the end of the regular agenda.
5. Approval of Minutes from May 30, 2018 and July 2, 2018 Committee Meetings
6. Receive Long Range Calendar
7. Make Recommendation to VCEA Board of Directors on Long Term Renewables Procurement Solicitation Criteria/Policy on Local Resource Definition (Action)
8. Net Energy Metering (NEM) Policy Amendment Update (Informational)
9. Community Advisory Committee Legislative/Regulatory Task Group Summary and Recommendation on (Action): Senate Bill 1088 (Dodd). Safety, reliability, and resiliency planning.; Senate Bill 1347 (Stern). Energy storage systems: procurement.; Senate Bill 237 (Hertzberg). Direct Access.; Assembly Bill 893 (Garcia). Renewable Portfolio Standard. Geothermal.; Assembly Bill 2208 (Aguiar-Curry). Electrical Utilities. Biomass. Geothermal.; and, Assembly Bill 2726 (Levine). California Global Warming Solutions Act of 2006: consumption-based accounting.
10. Community Advisory Committee Administration
11. Advisory Committee Member and Staff Announcements
Action items and reports from members of the Advisory Committee, including announcements, future agenda items, and reports on meetings and information which would be of interest to the Committee or the public.
The next Community Advisory Committee meeting is scheduled for Wednesday, August 29th at 5:30 p.m. at the Yolo County Department of Community Services, Cache Creek Room, 292 W. Beamer St., Woodland, CA 95695.
The next Valley Clean Energy Alliance Board meeting is scheduled for Thursday, August 9, 2018 at 5:30 p.m. at Woodland City Council Chambers, located in the 2nd Floor, at 300 1st Street, Woodland, CA 95695.
12. Adjournment (Approximately 7:30 p.m.)
Public records that relate to any item on the open session agenda for a regular board meeting are available for public inspection. Those records that are distributed less than 72 hours prior to the meeting are available for public inspection at the same time they are distributed to all members, or a majority of the members of the Board. VCEA public records are available for inspection by contacting Board Clerk Alisa Lembke at (530) 446-2750 or Alisa.Lembke@ValleyCleanEnergy.org. Agendas and Board meeting materials can be inspected at VCEA’s offices located at 604 2nd Street, Davis, California 95616; those interested in inspecting these materials are asked to call (530) 446-2750 to make arrangements. Documents are also available on the Valley Clean Energy website located at: www.valleycleanenergy.org/meetings.