Meeting of the Valley Clean Energy Alliance
Board of Directors
December 13, 2018 at 5:30 p.m.
City of Davis Community Chambers, 23 Russell Blvd., Davis, CA 95616
Meetings are accessible to people with disabilities. Individuals who need special assistance or a disability-related modification or accommodation to participate in this meeting, or who have a disability and wish to request an alternative format for the meeting materials, should contact Alisa Lembke, VCEA Board Clerk/Administrative Analyst, at least two (2) working days before the meeting at (530) 446-2754 or Alisa.Lembke@valleycleanenergy.org.
If you have anything that you wish to be distributed to the Board and included in the official record, please hand it to a member of VCEA staff who will distribute the information to the Board members and other staff.
Please note that the numerical order of items is for convenience of reference. Items may be taken out of order on the request of any Board member with the concurrence of the Board. Staff recommendations are advisory to the Board. The Board may take any action it deems appropriate on any item on the agenda even if it varies from the staff recommendation.
Board Members: Lucas Frerichs (Chair/City of Davis), Tom Stallard (Vice Chair/City of Woodland),
Angel Barajas (City of Woodland), Duane Chamberlain (Yolo County), Don Saylor (Yolo County), and
Dan Carson (City of Davis)
5:30 p.m. Call to Order
1. Welcome and Roll Call
2. Approval of Agenda
3. Public Comment: This item is reserved for persons wishing to address the Board on any VCEA-related matters that are not otherwise on this meeting agenda. Public comments on matters listed on the agenda shall be heard at the time the matter is called. As with all public comment, members of the public who wish to address the Board are customarily limited to two minutes per speaker, but an extension can be provided at the discretion of the Chair.
4. Approval of Draft November 1, 2018 Special Meeting (PCIA Workshop) and Draft November 15, 2018 Special Meeting Minutes
5. Receive Long Range Calendars
6. Receive Financial Update – October 31, 2018 (unaudited) financial statements
7. Receive December 5, 2018 Regulatory Update provided by Keyes & Fox
8. Receive Customer Enrollment Update as of December 7, 2018
9. Receive Community Advisory Committee’s December 3, 2018 Meeting Summary
10. Request to approve Amendment 6 to amend Task Order No. 4 (Operational Staff Services) of the Sacramento Municipal Utility District (SMUD) Professional Services Agreement to extend the Task Order to March 1, 2019.
11. Board Consideration of Appointment of City of Woodland Resident to Community Advisory Committee
12. Staff Recommendation to Proceed/Complete PCC-2 Renewable Power Procurement for 2019
13. Provide update to VCE Board Approved modifications to Valley Clean Energy’s rate structure, rate discount and postponement of NEM Customer Enrollment that partially address the financial impacts associated with the California Public Utilities Commission’s October 11, 2018 Power Charge Indifference Adjustment decision.
14. Board Member and Staff Announcements: Action items and reports from members of the Board, including announcements, AB1234 reporting of meetings attended by Board Members at VCEA expense, questions to be referred to staff, future agenda items, and reports on meetings and information which would be of interest to the Board or the public.
The next VCEA Board meeting: Thursday, January 10, 2019 at 5:30 p.m. at the City of Woodland Council Chambers, 300 1st Street, Woodland, CA 95695.
15. Election of Chair and Vice Chair (Effective January 2019)
16. Adjournment of the business portion of the meeting to recognize VCEA’s 2nd Anniversary, reception to follow.
Public records that relate to any item on the open session agenda for a regular board meeting are available for public inspection. Those records that are distributed less than 72 hours prior to the meeting are available for public inspection at the same time they are distributed to all members, or a majority of the members of the Board. VCEA public records are available for inspection by contacting Board Clerk Alisa Lembke at (530) 446-2750 or Alisa.Lembke@ValleyCleanEnergy.org. Agendas and Board meeting materials can be inspected at VCEA’s offices located at 604 Second Street, Davis, California 95616; those interested in inspecting these materials are asked to call (530) 446-2750 to make arrangements. The documents are also available on the Valley Clean Energy website located at: https://valleycleanenergy.org/about-us/meetings/
Item 4 – Approval of Draft November 1, 2018 Special Meeting (PCIA Workshop) and Draft November 15, 2018 Special Meeting Minutes
Item 5 – Receive Long Range Calendars
Item 6 – Receive Financial Update – October 31, 2018 (unaudited) financial statements
Item 7 – Receive December 5, 2018 Regulatory Update provided by Keyes & Fox
Item 8 – Receive Customer Enrollment Update as of December 7, 2018
Item 9 – Receive Community Advisory Committee’s December 3, 2018 Meeting Summary
Item 10 – Request to approve Amendment 6 to amend Task Order No. 4 (Operational Staff Services) of the Sacramento Municipal Utility District (SMUD) Professional Services Agreement to extend the Task Order to March 1, 2019.