Meeting of the Board of Directors of the
Valley Clean Energy Alliance (VCEA)
Thursday, September 13, 2018 at 5:30 P.M.
Woodland City Council Chambers, 300 1st Street, Woodland, CA 95695
Meetings are accessible to people with disabilities. Individuals who need special assistance or a disability-related modification or accommodation to participate in this meeting, or who have a disability and wish to request an alternative format for the meeting materials, should contact Alisa Lembke, VCEA Board Clerk/Administrative Analyst, at least two (2) working days before the meeting at (530) 446-2754 or Alisa.Lembke@valleycleanenergy.org.
If you have anything that you wish to be distributed to the Board and included in the official record, please hand it to a member of VCEA staff who will distribute the information to the Board members and other staff.
Board Members: Lucas Frerichs (Chair/City of Davis), Tom Stallard (Vice Chair/City of Woodland),
Angel Barajas (City of Woodland), Duane Chamberlain (Yolo County), Don Saylor (Yolo County), and
Dan Carson (City of Davis)
5:30 p.m. Call to Order
1. Welcome and Roll Call
2. Approval of Agenda
3. Public Comment
This item is reserved for persons wishing to address the Board on any VCEA-related matters that are not otherwise on this meeting agenda. Public comments on matters listed on the agenda shall be heard at the time the matter is called. As with all public comment, members of the public who wish to address the Board are customarily limited to two minutes per speaker, but an extension can be provided at the discretion of the Chair.
4. Approval of Draft July 12, 2018 Meeting Minutes
5. Receive Long Range Calendars
6. Receive June 30, 2018 and July 31, 2018 draft unaudited Financial Statements
7. Approval of Retirement Plans: 401(a) Discretionary Defined Contribution Plan and 457(b) Deferred Compensation Plan
8. Approval of Contract Extensions LEAN Energy and Donald Dame
9. Yolo County Public Agency Risk Management Insurance Authority (YCPARMIA) Approval of Resolution authorizing Application to the Director of Industrial Relations for a Certificate of Consent to Self-Insure Workers Compensation Liabilities
10. Receive Regulatory Update
11. Receive Customer Enrollment Update
12. Approve “Standard Green” as the name for VCEA’s standard electricity offering
13. Receive CAC Meeting Update and Recommendations
14. Status Report on Pending Regulatory Actions (Informational)
15. Net Energy Metering (NEM) Policy Amendment (Action)
16. Joint Powers Agency New Member Application Policy (Action)
17. Update on Long Term Renewables Procurement Solicitation (Informational)
18. Board Member and Staff Announcements
Action items and reports from members of the Board, including announcements, AB1234 reporting of meetings attended by Board Members at VCEA expense, questions to be referred to staff, future agenda items, and reports on meetings and information which would be of interest to the Board or the public.
The next VCEA Board meeting: Thursday, October 11, 2018 at 5:30 p.m. at the City of Davis Community Chambers, 23 Russell Boulevard, Davis, CA 95616.
19. Adjournment (Approximately 7:00pm)
Public records that relate to any item on the open session agenda for a regular board meeting are available for public inspection. Those records that are distributed less than 72 hours prior to the meeting are available for public inspection at the same time they are distributed to all members, or a majority of the members of the Board. VCEA public records are available for inspection by contacting Board Clerk Alisa Lembke at (530) 446-2750 or Alisa.Lembke@ValleyCleanEnergy.org. Agendas and Board meeting materials can be inspected at VCEA’s offices located at 604 Second Street, Davis, California 95616; those interested in inspecting these materials are asked to call (530) 446-2750 to make arrangements. The documents are also available on the Valley Clean Energy website located at: http://valleycleanenergy.org/about-us/meetings/.
Item 7 – Approval of Retirement Plans: 401(a) Discretionary Defined Contribution Plan and 457(b) Deferred Compensation Plan
Item 8 – Approval of Contract Extensions LEAN Energy and Donald Dame
Item 9 – Yolo County Public Agency Risk Management Insurance Authority (YCPARMIA) Approval of Resolution authorizing Application to the Director of Industrial relations for a Certificate of Consent to Self-Insure Workers Compensation Liabilities
Item 10 – Receive Regulatory Update
Item 11 – Receive Customer Enrollment Update
Item 12 – Approve “Standard Green” as the name for VCEA’s standard electricity offering
Item 13 – Receive CAC Meeting Update and Recommendations