Valley Clean Energy Alliance (VCEA)
Community Advisory Committee (CAC) Meeting
Wednesday, May 30, 2018 at 5:30 p.m.
Location: Davis Senior Center, 646 “A” Street, Davis, CA 95616
Meetings are accessible to people with disabilities. Individuals who need special assistance or a disability-related modification or accommodation to participate in this meeting, or who have a disability and wish to request an alternative format for the meeting materials, should contact Mitch Sears, VCEA Interim General Manager, at least 2 working days before the meeting at (530) 757-5610 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have anything that you wish to be distributed to the Committee and included in the official record, please hand it to a member of VCEA staff who will distribute the information to the Committee members and other staff.
Committee Members: Gerry Braun (Chair), Christine Shewmaker (Vice-Chair), Marsha Baird (Secretary), Mark Aulman, Tom Flynn, Yvonne Hunter, Lorenzo Kristov, David Springer
5:30 P.M. CALL TO ORDER
1. Welcome and Roll Call
2. Approval of Agenda
3. Public Comment – This item is reserved for persons wishing to address the Advisory Committee on any VCEA-related matters that are not otherwise on this meeting agenda. Public comments on matters listed on the agenda shall be heard at the time the matter is called. As with all public comment, members of the public who wish to address the Committee are customarily limited to two minutes per speaker, but an extension can be provided at the discretion of the Chair.
4. Brief VCEA Staff and Advisory Task Group Reports – Representatives of VCEA staff and active Task Groups will provide updates on on-going work. Task Group recommendations requiring Committee attention require a regular agenda item. Summaries of written reports received by the Committee in advance of the meeting will receive a time allocation of up to ten minutes. Otherwise, the time allocation will be five minutes, including questions and answers. The Committee may decide to allocate additional time at the end of the regular agenda.
5. Approval of Minutes from April 26, 2018 Committee Meeting – IRP Workshop.
6. Million LED Lamp Challenge (UC Davis California Lighting Technology Center) (10 minutes) (Informational)
7. Integrated Resource Plan – Consider and Provide Feedback on Draft Integrated Resource Plan (Informational)
8. Integrated Resource Plan – Consider and Provide Direction on Prioritization of Action Plan Activities for Years 1-3 (Action)
A. Review and Discuss Staff Generated List
B. Review and Discuss CAC Members Generated Lists
C. Consider How Best to Advise the Board
9. Recommendation on Suspension of Forward PCC-2 Renewable Procurements (Action)
10. Advisory Committee Member and Staff Announcements – Action items and reports from members of the Advisory Committee, including announcements, future agenda items, and reports on meetings and information which would be of interest to the Committee or the public.
- The next CAC meeting is scheduled for Monday, July 2, 2018 at 5:30 p.m. at the Woodland Community & Senior Center located at 2001 East Street, Woodland, CA 95776.
- The next VCEA Board meeting is scheduled for Wednesday, June 6, 2018 at 5:30 p.m. at Davis City Council Chambers, located at 23 Russell Boulevard, Davis, CA 95616.
11. Adjournment (Approximately 7:30 p.m.) – Public records that relate to any item on the open session agenda for a regular board meeting are available for public inspection. Those records that are distributed less than 72 hours prior to the meeting are available for public inspection at the same time they are distributed to all members, or a majority of the members of the Board. Until VCEA has offices, the Board has designated the Department of Community Development and Sustainability at the City of Davis located at 23 Russell Blvd, Davis, CA for the purpose of making those public records available for inspection. The documents are also available on the City of Davis website located at: www.valleycleanenergy.org/meetings.
Item 7 – Integrated Resource Plan – Consider and Provide Feedback on Draft Integrated Resource Plan (Informational)
Item 8 – Integrated Resource Plan – Consider and Provide Direction on Prioritization of Action Plan Activities for Years 1-3 (Action)
Item 9 – Recommendation on Suspension of Forward PCC-2 Renewable Procurements (Action)