Valley Clean Energy Alliance (VCEA)
Community Advisory Committee (CAC) Meeting
Thursday, March 28, 2019 at 5:30 p.m.
City of Woodland Council Chambers, 2nd Floor, 300 1st Street, Woodland, CA 95695
Meetings are accessible to people with disabilities. Individuals who need special assistance or a disability-related modification or accommodation to participate in this meeting, or who have a disability and wish to request an alternative format for the meeting materials, should contact Alisa Lembke, VCEA Board Clerk/Administrative Analyst, at least two (2) working days before the meeting at (530) 446-2754 or Alisa.Lembke@valleycleanenergy.org.
If you have anything that you wish to be distributed to the Committee and included in the official record, please hand it to a member of VCEA staff who will distribute the information to the Board members and other staff.
Committee Members: Gerry Braun (Chair), Christine Shewmaker (Vice-Chair), Marsha Baird (Secretary), Mark Aulman, Yvonne Hunter, Lorenzo Kristov, David Springer, and Christine Casey
5:30 PM CALL TO ORDER
1. Welcome, Roll Call
2. Approval of Agenda
3. Public Comment – This item is reserved for persons wishing to address the Advisory Committee on any VCEA-related matters that are not otherwise on this meeting agenda. Public comments on matters listed on the agenda shall be heard at the time the matter is called. As with all public comment, members of the public who wish to address the Committee are customarily limited to two minutes per speaker, but an extension can be provided at the discretion of the Chair.
4. Brief VCEA Staff and Advisory Task Group Reports – Representatives of VCEA staff and active Task Groups will provide updates on on-going staff and task group work. Task Group recommendations requiring Committee attention require a regular agenda item. Summaries of written reports received by the Committee in advance of the meeting will receive a time allocation of up to ten minutes. Otherwise, the time allocation will be five minutes, including questions and answers. The Committee may decide to allocate additional time at the end of the regular agenda.
5. Approval of draft February 28, 2019 Committee Meeting Minutes.
6. Receive Customer Enrollment Update as of March 22, 2019.
7. Review and provide comments on Rates and Services Task Group’s draft report on the reassessment of Solar Home and Business (Net Energy Metering) enrollment date (Marsha Baird, Chair of Rates and Services Task Group). (Discussion)
8. Review and provide comments on Rates and Services Task Group’s draft report on the Rate Structure / Dividend Program for 2020 Fiscal Year End. (Discussion)
9. Review Long Term Renewable Solicitation Short List results and pending recommendation to Board to continue long-term renewable procurement efforts beyond the initial effort with a focus on local renewable resources. (Information)
10. Review and provide feedback on the Long-Term Load Forecast to be submitted to the California Energy Commission as part of the Biannual 2019 Integrated Energy Planning report filing. (Discussion)
11. Receive Information on Residential Time of Use Rate Classes.
12. Receive and update Community Advisory Committee 2019 Long-Term Calendar.
13. Advisory Committee Member and Staff Announcements: Action items and reports from members of the Advisory Committee, including announcements, future agenda items, and reports on meetings and information which would be of interest to the Committee or the public.
The next Community Advisory Committee meeting has been scheduled for Thursday, April 25, 2019 at 5:30 p.m. at the Valley Clean Energy administrative offices located at 604 2nd Street, Davis, CA 95616.
The next Valley Clean Energy Alliance Board meeting is scheduled for Thursday, April 11, 2019, at 5:30 p.m. at the City of Davis Community Chambers, 23 Russell Boulevard, Davis, CA 95616.
14. Adjournment (Approximately 7:30 p.m.): Public records that relate to any item on the open session agenda for a regular board meeting are available for public inspection. Those records that are distributed less than 72 hours prior to the meeting are available for public inspection at the same time they are distributed to all members, or a majority of the members of the Board. VCEA public records are available for inspection by contacting Board Clerk Alisa Lembke at (530) 446-2750 or Alisa.Lembke@ValleyCleanEnergy.org. Agendas and Board meeting materials can be inspected at VCEA’s offices located at 604 2nd Street, Davis, California 95616; those interested in inspecting these materials are asked to call (530) 446-2750 to make arrangements. Documents are also available on the Valley Clean Energy website located at: www.valleycleanenergy.org/meetings.
Item 7 – Review and provide comments on Rates and Services Task Group’s draft report on the reassessment of Solar Home and Business (Net Energy Metering) enrollment date (Marsha Baird, Chair of Rates and Services Task Group). (Discussion)
Item 9 – Review Long Term Renewable Solicitation Short List results and pending recommendation to Board to continue long-term renewable procurement efforts beyond the initial effort with a focus on local renewable resources. (Information) Posted 3/27/19