Meeting of the Valley Clean Energy Alliance
Board of Directors
Thursday, April 11, 2019 at 5:30 p.m.
City of Davis Community Chambers
23 Russell Boulevard, Davis, CA 95616
Meetings are accessible to people with disabilities. Individuals who need special assistance or a disability-related modification or accommodation to participate in this meeting, or who have a disability and wish to request an alternative format for the meeting materials, should contact Alisa Lembke, VCEA Board Clerk/Administrative Analyst, at least two (2) working days before the meeting at (530) 446-2754 or Alisa.Lembke@valleycleanenergy.org.
If you have anything that you wish to be distributed to the Board and included in the official record, please hand it to a member of VCEA staff who will distribute the information to the Board members and other staff.
Please note that the numerical order of items is for convenience of reference. Items may be taken out of order on the request of any Board member with the concurrence of the Board. Staff recommendations are advisory to the Board. The Board may take any action it deems appropriate on any item on the agenda even if it varies from the staff recommendation.
Board Members: Tom Stallard (Chair/City of Woodland), Gary Sandy (Vice Chair/Yolo County), Angel Barajas (City of Woodland), Don Saylor (Yolo County), Lucas Frerichs (City of Davis), and Dan Carson (City of Davis)
5:30 p.m. Call to Order
1. Welcome and Roll Call
2. Approval of Agenda
3. Public Comment: This item is reserved for persons wishing to address the Board on any VCEA-related matters that are not otherwise on this meeting agenda. Public comments on matters listed on the agenda shall be heard at the time the matter is called. As with all public comment, members of the public who wish to address the Board are customarily limited to two minutes per speaker, but an extension can be provided at the discretion of the Chair.
4. Conference with Legal Counsel – Existing Litigation
(Paragraph (1) of subdivision (d) of Section 54956.9)
Name of Case: In re PG&E Corporation, Debtor; Chapter 11; US Bankruptcy Court, Northern District of California San Francisco Division, Case No. 19-30088(DM) and Case No. 19-300889(DM)
11. Receive copy of signed Amendment 7 to Task Order 4 (operational services) of the Sacramento Municipal Utilities District (SMUD) Master Professional Services Agreement extending the termination date of operational staff from February 28, 2019 to June 30, 2019.
12. Approve the following Amendments to the Sacramento Municipal Utilities District (SMUD) Master Professional Services Agreement:
A) Amendment 8 to Task Order 4 (operational services) 1) extending
dedicated operational staff and the Power Director through June 30, 2020, 2) replacing sub-section 4.2.1 term and termination notification, and 3) increasing the fixed fee for operational staff effective July 1, 2019;
B) Amendment 9 to Task Order 3 (wholesale energy services) 2020 update to VCEA’s Integrated Resource Plan, including deliverables, and compensation for services; and,
C) Amendment 10 to Task Order 2 (data management and call center services) changing invoicing methodologies.
14. Receive an informational report on the reimbursable Staffing expenses from Member Agencies in accordance with each Agency’s Cooperation and Administrative Services Agreement with Valley Clean Energy.
15. Provide update to Valley Clean Energy Board regarding the California Public Utilities Commission’s Decision on Energy Resource Recovery Account, including Power Charge Indifference Adjustment. (Informational)
16. Review Long-Term Renewable Solicitation Short List results and pending recommendation to Board (for later approval) to continue long-term renewable procurement efforts beyond the initial effort with a focus on local renewable resources. (Informational)
17. Receive Long-Term Load Forecast to be submitted to the California Energy Commission as a part of the Biannual 2019 Integrated Energy Planning Report. (Informational)
18. Board Member and Staff Announcements: Action items and reports from member of the Board, including announcements, AB1234 reporting of meetings attended by Board Members of VCEA expense, questions to be referred to staff, future agenda items, and reports on meetings and information which would be of interest to the Board or the public.
The next VCEA Board meeting is scheduled for Thursday, May 9, 2019 at 5:30 p.m. at the City of Woodland Council Chambers, 2nd Floor, 300 1st Street, Woodland, CA 95695.
19. Adjournment: Public records that relate to any item on the open session agenda for a regular board meeting are available for public inspection. Those records that are distributed less than 72 hours prior to the meeting are available for public inspection at the same time they are distributed to all members, or a majority of the members of the Board. VCEA public records are available for inspection by contacting Board Clerk Alisa Lembke at (530) 446-2750 or Alisa.Lembke@ValleyCleanEnergy.org. Agendas and Board meeting materials can be inspected at VCEA’s offices located at 604 Second Street, Davis, California 95616; those interested in inspecting these materials are asked to call (530) 446-2750 to make arrangements. The documents are also available on the Valley Clean Energy website located at: https://valleycleanenergy.org/about-us/meetings/